Career opportunities for nurses depend on their level of qualification. The examples are shown below.
- Trainee Nurse – Nurses that are still in the midst of pursuing their education.
- Grade U19 Nurse – The highest qualification that these nurses have obtain is SPM, O-level or its equivalent. These nurses are mostly held responsible to lead a government midwifery clinic, provide maternal healthcare service, assist in baby delivery process and provide health education
- Grade U29 Nurse – These nurses have completed their Diploma in Nursing in colleges approved by Ministry of Health. Their responsibility includes administer clinics, care for patients, assist doctors in tasks of treatment, execute treatment according to instruction, help and teach various categories trainee nurses during their practical and etc.
- Grade U41 Nurse – The qualification that these nurses have is a Degree in Nursing. They are responsible for controlling the quality of the treatment, plan and coordinate training nursing staff and planning nursing service.
- SPM : Five Credits (Science,Maths and 3 other subjects)
- Pass in Bahasa Malaysia and English at SPM level
- O Level : Credit in Maths, Science and 3 other subjects.
- English : IELTS 5.5 or TEOFL 550
Diploma in Nursing Syllabus
- Professional Nursing
- Primary Health Care
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Holistic Nursing Care
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- Biochemistry & Physics
- Health Assessment
- Law & Ethics
- Clinical Nursing Therapeutics
- Family / Community Health
- Nursing Care of Individuals with Musculoskeletal & Endocrine Disorders
- Nursing Care of Individuals with Dermatological & Oncological Disorders
- Nursing Care of Individuals with Renal, Urological & Gastro-Intestinal Disorders
- Nursing Care of Individuals with CNS & Special Senses Disorders