MAHSA University was established in 2005 in Pusat Bandar Damansara, Damansara, Kuala Lumpur with the trust that healthcare is vital for development of a country. MAHSA is the brainchild of Professor Datuk Dr. Hj. Mohamed Haniffa who is Pro-Chancellor and Executive Chairman.
MAHSA offers Certificate programmes to Diploma, Degree, Masters and Doctorate programmes. Currently MAHSA ventured and expanded its programs to Business, Accounts and Engineering.
MAHSA has 3 campus with JUC as its main campus. JUC is in Jalan Elmu, Off Jalan University, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It also has campus in Bandar Damansara ; Level 5, Block A, Pusat Bandar Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In Sabah, MAHSA’s campus in Lot No -100b, Concourse Floor, 1 Borneo Hypermall, 88400 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
MAHSA was initially established to provide sound education in healthcare. Now MAHSA has proven its worth through the high quality courses offered in wide range of field fulfilling the demand in employment market. MAHSA realised the importance of practical skills in producing competent graduates.
- Facilitating and enhancing local and international networking for students and staff.
- To enhance and provide research and innovation opportunities at all levels.
MAHSA University is committed to:
Provide nursing and allied health sciences education that meets customers’ requirements through systematic and professional management in line with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008. MAHSA shall strive to achieve excellence in its delivery of programmes through continual improvement activities to achieve customer satisfaction.
To achieve this, we shall take the following measures:
- Deliver top-notch education, which meets the expectations of students, industry and society as a whole.
- Excel in education and improve, elevate, develop and deliver courses, which transcend the expectations and requirements of students.
- Planning and developing activities and programs with total commitment and involvement of our students and staff.
- Continuously upgraded the knowledge and skills of all our employees through a planned development of sta for the content updating and training in professional skills.
- Maintaining good two way relationship with sponsors and interested parties.
- The Diploma in Nursing held at MAHSA University is a popular three year program. Its popularity lies in it being a program for a wide variety of young people with a wide variety of qualifications. At the same time, successful completion of the program leads to a huge choice of options for diploma in nursing holders – ranging from bedside nursing as a staff nurse to further professional and higher academic studies for those wishing to specialize.
- At MAHSA University, our 3 year Diploma in Nursing develops students know how in nursing, enabling them to provide safe and competent care in various healthcare settings. The course combines theoretical learning in classrooms and practical training in simulation ward and skills lab. In addition, students will be required to attend practical placements in participating local hospitals. The strong emphasis in nursing knowledge and hands on training ensures graduates competency as Registered Nurses as well as giving them the advantage in the employee selection.
- The curriculum for the Diploma in Nursing is based on the national requirements from the Malaysia Nursing Board and is fully approved. A feature of the program is that it gives the student a wide variety of exp
- The curriculum features studies in nursing as a profession, fundamentals of nursing care, transcultural nursing, microbiology, pharmacology, psychology, sociology, nutrition, medical-surgical nursing, orthopaedic nursing, accident and emergency nursing, accident and emergency nursing, mental health nursing, nursing of children, ophthalmic nursing, ear nose and throat nursing, gynaecological and maternity nursing, management in nursing, research in nursing and others. All these experiences are planned carefully to give an equal balance of theory and practice. The variety is there!
- SPM: Five credits (Science, Maths and 3 other subjects).
- Pass in Bahasa Malaysia and English at SPM level.
- O-level : Credit in Maths and Science and 3 other subjects.
- English : IELTS 5.5 or TEOFL 550.
- Intakes are in January, April, July and September.
In a short time, MAHSA had build its second campus in Jalan University, Kuala Lumpur which is now the main campus. Starting its moderate level with Pre – University Cambridge GCE A’ Levels and the three year Diploma in Nursing program in 2005, now MAHSA University is proudly recognized as one of the premier institution that focuses in the delivery of education in the field of healthcare offering programmes ranging from Certificate programmes to Diploma, Degree, Masters and Doctorate programmes.
In 2009 MAHSA was upgraded from College to University College status. MAHSA achieved this status in mere 4 years as a result of dedication of the academic and administrative staff coupled by the delivery superior programmes
MAHSA is growing rapidly with continually evolving and developing new programs, comprehensive research activities, creating career pathway of further education which will be valuable and rewarding.
VISION AND MISSION
MAHSA is rapidly growing aligned with its vision and mission. MAHSA’s vision is to be the centre of excellence in Higher Education in the region. MAHSA’s mission is delivering highest quality education emphasising on hands on training. Producing competent and highly skilled professionals through qualified, dedicated and experienced teachers. MAHSA aims to ensure desired standards in education. To develop and provide local and international networking for students and staff. MAHSA wants to open its door for research and innovation at all level.
Professor Datuk Dr Hj Mohamed Haniffa is a medical clinical practitioner involving in developing MAHSA to be the centre of excellence in Medical, Dentistry, Pharmacist, Nursing and healthcare in this region. He is focused in producing qualified and loving professionals in healthcare for the beloved country. Professor Datuk Dr Hj Mohamed Haniffa is committed in developing MAHSA to be the centre of excellence for higher education.